• type of ceremony – civil, church (protestant), symbolic
• ceremony date and time – on request
• wedding ceremonies for up to 200 people in the Imperial hall, for up to 100 people in the Balcony room and up to 90 people in the Concert hall, or at the chapel
• length of the ceremony is around 25 min
• civil ceremony is in Czech, translated into English (or any other language), church or symbolic ceremony in any language
The Palace was originally built in the middle of the 16th century by Jaroslav of Pernstejn & his brother Vratislav, High Chancellor of Bohemia. It was to this very building that the injured ministers Martinic & Slavata were brought and hidden by Polyxena after their famous defenestration from the adjoining Royal Castle in 1618.
After the Battle of the White Mountain in 1620, the Lobkowicz family stood at the forefront of Central European politics & culture for the next 300 years. Large scale remodeling of the Palace interior was undertaken in the mid-17th and 19th centuries, as well as functional alterations under the Communist regime (1948-1989). The castle was confiscated by the Communists in 1952 from Prince Maximilian Lobkowicz. Max was a friend and supporter of Thomas Masaryk (President of Czechoslovakia) and his son, Jan Masaryk (Foreign Minister) and became Czechoslovak Ambassador to Great Britain during World War II (serving from 1939-1948). The Lobkowicz Palace was returned to the Roudnice Lobkowicz family in 2003 under the restitution laws of 1991.