• type of ceremony – civil, church (protestant), symbolic
• ceremonies are available on request
• wedding ceremonies take place at the chateau park or Great hall (capacity approx. 30 people)
• length of the ceremony is around 25 min
• wedding reception for up to 30 people can be arranged at the chateau
• civil ceremony is in Czech, translated into English (or any other language), church ceremony in any language
Chateau Jablonna nad Vltavou is home amid a green area of 3 ½ hectares flanked by two ponds all set into a charming landscape marked off by the rivers Vltava and Sázava, some 40 kilometres outside the limits of Prague.
The very first reference to the location dates back to 1318. In those times the present chateau´s site was dominated by a water redoubt in possession of the Knight Eberhard of Jablonná. In the 1920´s, Dr Rudolf Vodička, a bank executive, was known to be the last owner of the chateau. During the WWII years, this part of Central Bohemian region was declared a restricted military zone used by Germany´s SS units for their exercises. Later on the German Gestapo chose to convert the estate into their archives depot.
Since the 1960´s the chateau was under management by the National Committee of the Capital Prague. This authority found it fit to serve as Senior Home. Following the “Velvet Revolution” in 1989, the property was restituted by descendants of the last pre-war owner – Dr Rudolf Vodička. Further vested with a social care institution status, the Senior Home resided on the estate for another 10 years.In 2005 the ROYAL interier privately owned company bought the chateau and opened it to general public following a thorough makeover in the autumn of 2009. Reconstruction works proceeded observing the ultimate priority of conserving original features of both the property and the adjoining park. Chateau Jablonná nad Vltavou is listed as the Czech Republic´s National Trust monument and known as a point of interest and tourist destination to visitors both domestic and international. Regularly, guided tours are provided which include standard narrative on the chateau´s history.